Travelling to Bohemia
Bohemia’s dramatic rocky crags, historic villages, old castles and fortresses, not to mention delicious Bohemian dumplings for lunch – all these things make a trip over the border into the Czech Republic worthwhile. The excellent local transport and affordable fares mean hiking and shopping trips could hardly be easier.
On 1 November 2007 a border-crossing ticket was introduced for day-trippers and tourists: the Elbe-Labe Ticket. Using this one-day ticket, customers from the Upper Elbe area can easily cross the border by bus and rail and travel around the Ustí District without requiring any other tickets.
Where and when it is valid
The Elbe-Labe Ticket can be used on all ČD trains, on Vogtlandbahn trains (“trilex”) between Zittau and Rybniště, and on services provided by almost all regional and city transport companies in Ústecký Kraj (Ustí District); see the routes listed in the table.
The Elbe-Labe Ticket is valid on all local public transport in the VVO area in accordance with VVO fares, including cross-border transport on local trains between Bad Schandau and Děčín, on the ferry between Schöna and Hřensko, on bus route 398 between Altenberg and Teplice, bus route 217 between Bahratal and Tisá, and bus route 452/453 from Ustí to the Bahratal border crossing.
Special feature: travellers with the Bohemian steamship company Labská paroplavební společnost enjoy 10% off the standard fare on several routes if they hold a valid Elbe-Labe Ticket.
Special forms of transport: an additional concessionary ticket is required for the hillside railways in Dresden, the Kirnitzschtalbahn tram in Bad Schandau and the City-Bus in Meißen (bus route E). Elbe-Labe Tickets are not valid on narrow-gauge railways or the lift in Bad Schandau.
- Elbe-Labe Ticket map and route table (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Timetable information for the Czech Republic
- Ustí District (Czech Republic)
- Ustí District – overview of regional bus and rail routes
The tickets are valid from the moment they are issued/stamped to 4 a.m. the following morning. In the Czech Republic the tickets are only sold for immediate use.
Sales points in the Upper Elbe area
- in our network partners’ service centres
- on the platform from DB AG ticket machines
- from the ticket machines on local trains
- from the driver on regional buses
- from the customer service officer on the train, in exceptional cases
Sales points in the Czech Republic:
- ticket counters in stations
- ticket counters and information offices run by partner companies at various stations
- from the driver on certain regional buses
Map showing the area covered by the Elbe-Labe Ticket, 12/2010
Special DB offers on local trains (second class) between Saxony and the Czech Republic
Sachsen-Böhmen Ticket, Sachsen-Böhmen Ticket Single
valid on DB local trains (IRE, RE, RB, S-Bahn), VBG and ČD (Os, Sp, R) throughout Saxony and on all Czech routes near the border
Valid for one day, Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. and prior to 9 a.m. only on RE 17021/Os 17241 trains to Liberec. Valid on weekends and public holidays from midnight the night before until 3 a.m. the day after use.
Sachsen-Böhmen Ticket: 5 people at most or parents/grandparents (2 adults at most) with all their own children/grandchildren below age 15; costs 32 euros
Sachsen-Böhmen Ticket Single: valid for 1 person, costs 21 euros
Prices apply for purchases at DB ticket machines or on the Internet (at DB sales points tickets cost two euros more each)
one DB one-day bicycle ticket is required per bike
A cut-price offer from the Oberlausitz-Niederschlesien transport association (VON):
- One-day ticket for all ZVON routes; in the Liberec district it is valid on almost all trams, city buses and regional buses, on ČD trains, on Vogtlandbahn trains (“trilex”) and on DB Bahn Regio trains between Zittau and Liberec
- Special feature: includes one return trip on the Liberec – Horní Hanychov – Ještěd (Jeschken) cable car
- Euro-Neiße one-day ticket for individuals, price: 10 euros
- Euro-Neiße small group ticket for up to 5 people, price: 20 euros
- Euro-Neiße one-day bicycle ticket (supplementary ticket entitling the holder to transport a bicycle), costs 4 euros
- valid until 4 a.m. the day after use
- Further information: http://www.zvon.de
No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.